Your Snodecoin (SND) wallet can automatically start staking IF AND ONLY IF all of the following conditions are met:
1. Your wallet must be fully synced with the network
2. Chain tip’s timestamp must be past a certain time
3. Your wallet must have active connections
4. Your wallet must be unlocked
5. You must have mintable coins (aka, 12 hours or at least 480 confirmations)
6. You must have more coins than reserve balance (default reservebalance is 0)
7. Masternode additional data must be synced.
You can always check the staking status of your wallet by issuing the command “getstakingstatus” from your wallet debug console. Then compare the outputs of that command to the above conditions.
here is an example of the output you get when issuing the getstakingstatus in the Snode wallet console.
If something looks wrong you can always try to apply this Quick Fix:
1. If your wallet stucks when synchronizing with the network, you might need to add the following seed nodes into your coin config file (i.e., snodecoin.conf).
2. If you get “mintablecoins”: false, which seems to be the most common issue, it means that your coins have not met the maturity of 12 hours yet. So just need to wait until they get matured.
3. You may consult other recommendations on splitting your coins into multiple inputs to get more chance in staking. However, how many inputs and how efficiency of this method is still a debatable question.